(Be looking for our re-opening soon!)
Every new business has what is called a ‘Soft Opening’ which is supposed to last a year that they do without advertising to test out the equipment, train the staff, and see how the business handles the workflow and workload.
Our ‘Soft Opening’ ended up lasting two years because we got caught up and too busy!
We will be opening up again soon after implementing SOME of the changes below.
Things we are going to implement that we learned from our soft opening:
- Update our plumbing with a better drainage system.
- Move toilets further away from the walls to make more comfortable.
- Redirect heat directly to the bathrooms so that we don’t have to bank the doors open to keep it warm inside.
- Commercial hydraulic door closures will be installed.
- Café Side
- Repaint the floor with a rubberized floor covering. The entry way already has this gray rubberized flooring that holds up to traffic better. Our old flooring has chips developing already.
- Add air conditioning. We had requests to add air conditioning to our coffeehouse for those super hot summer days!
- Train the staff on back flushing the espresso machine and set up a maintenance schedule. Not doing so caused a $200-$300 repair bill to our espresso machine.
- Install another bank of outlets along the wall to prevent overloading the breakers and having to reset them during busy times.
- Add a second pizza oven and toaster oven so that we can do bigger orders more quickly.
- Entertainment Room
- Add air conditioning. We found out that when we fill the room for an event it gets pretty hot in their fast during the summer! We have already installed a water dispenser in the room.
- Finish adding draining tile to the outside of the coffeehouse. To help direct water away from the building we have already dug the ditch. Now we have to add the drainage tile and landscaping stone.
- Have more band entertainment from start ups. We are proud to have hosted some bands that just started out at our coffeehouse and have gone on to bigger things. If you are a band that is just starting out and want to test the field please contact us! We will also leave room in our budget for paid entertainment as well.
- We will be moving some of the storage from the Entertainment Room to the Maintenance Room for quicker access and quicker service.
- Install a lighted sign near the road. We have missed some customers thinking that we were closed because our sign was not lighted.
- Enhance the sign that is located by the highway and add another one.
- Promote use of our entertainment room for rented events such as bridal showers, baby showers, and birthday parties. Our 300 square foot room with a 100 people capacity was very popular for these events!
- Maintain some our high quality food and drink items while upgrading some that the customers did not like. Delete some of the unpopular items from the menu and add some requested items.
- Make sure we have two people on staff during our bigger events.
- Build a custom shelf for our coffee flavors to find them more quickly.
- We have some NEW, SECRET ideas we are anxious to try out!
- This has been popular in the beginning but has slacked off, we will be reconsidering keeping it we can have a dedicated delivery driver.
- Parking Lot
- We would LOVE to install a blacktop parking lot but it is not within our budget at this time however we did purchase a plow truck to take care of snow removal quicker and more often.
- We WILL be purchasing more gravel to add to the parking lot though.
Thank you for the great two years and be looking for a better coffeehouse soon!
If you have any more ideas or things that you would like to see from us please contact us on our Facebook page or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please help us out by giving us reviews.